As technology’s role in the healthcare industry becomes more prominent with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) software, digital patient databases and more, individual healthcare providers too need to keep up with the latest trends to deliver better patient care. This is why an increasing majority of healthcare organizations are turning to Managed IT Services: to lower costs, streamline business processes, and improve productivity. And while the idea of outsourcing your IT is a growing one, the services and level of support offered by IT vendors is not always the same.
As such, here are a few questions your healthcare organization should ask before partnering with an MSP:
Do they guarantee response times?
When it comes to providing healthcare services, time is of the essence. Consider this: in a scenario where your patient database refuses to respond or you come across an IT glitch in the dead of the night, your best bet to solving the issue quickly would be to contact your vendor instead of trying to have your staff figure it out themselves. This is why you need a provider who is able to provide quick, reliable assistance when you need it the most.
With that in mind, you should always ensure that your provider guarantees fast response times, and that you’re able to contact them round-the-clock.
Do they support a business continuity plan?
With data breaches in the healthcare sector on the rise, you risk putting your organization in jeopardy if your IT vendor cannot assist in recovery of valuable medical data from a major cyberattack or natural disaster. A business continuity plan, then, becomes an absolute must.
If your MSP does not have a state-of-the-art disaster recovery plan in place with your data being stored on multiple on-premise and off-premise servers, then it’s almost a guarantee they won’t be able to restore your data without extensive recovery costs, or major downtime.
Are they proactive?
A good Managed Services Provider acts as an extension of your business instead of just a partner. This means they should proactively manage your IT infrastructure to avoid daily technology troubles, minimize unpredictable break/fix costs, and eliminate downtime.
Being proactive also has other advantages for your healthcare organization. Since your IT will be handled by a team of certified technicians, it allows you to focus on your patients, meaning better care provided to them. You’ll also experience the joys of high network uptimes and ongoing protection from malicious cyberthreats.
Do they properly document work so that you have accurate and complete records?
As a healthcare organization, you already know the importance of documentation. Similar to this, in the tech world, appropriate documentation provides visibility into your relationship with the MSP and also ensures that you stay aware of the work that is being done for your organization.
You can also use reports to stay in control of your environment, gain insight on how your IT vendor is accessing your information, and trace any issues back to their original source if the need to do so arises.
Do they understand compliance regulations?
In the world of healthcare data security, aligning your practice with HIPAA compliance mandates is essential. Failing to meet regulations may result in huge fines, serious penalties, and even the withdrawal of your license to operate.
The ideal Managed Services Provider should offer core security services that include identity-based security and encryption, authorized privileges and access control, and data accountability and integrity. An easy way to ensure that your Managed Services Provider understands these regulations is to find one who has experience in working with healthcare organizations.
At JIG Technologies, you can ask us all these questions and expect to get answers that convince you of our deep industry intelligence. We speak your language when it comes to medical record technologies required to keep your facility running, and your patients healthy. Contact us today to learn more!
- The 6 Most Common IT Issues That Hinder SMB Owners
- 5 Ways Software Can Slow Down Your Workflow
- How Off-the-Shelf Software Often Struggles to Meet Today’s Business Needs
- What Goes Into Creating Custom Software
- How Custom Software Can Eliminate Redundancies in Your Operations
- Your Dated Software is Costing You Clients
- Why You Should Replace Your Current Legacy System
- These Software Inefficiencies Are Hampering Your Competitiveness
- How to Ensure a Smooth Legacy System Migration
- Why You Need a Cloud Based VoIP Phone System
- Why You Need a Mobile Device Management Solution
- Leverage our Disaster Recovery Planning to Protect and Restore Your Company’s Data
- 5 Benefits to Choosing Managed IT for Your Healthcare Organization
- 6 Benefits to Choosing Managed IT Support
- 6 Questions to Ask Yourself Regarding Healthcare Managed IT
- 4 Common IT Security Vulnerabilities You Should Know About
- The Impressive Benefits of Office 365 for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses (And How You Can Get Them)
- Waterfall vs. Agile Methodology in Software Development
- Can a Not-For-Profit Afford Managed IT?
- 7 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Enterprise-Grade WiFi
- Should You Fear Machine Learning?
- Technically Speaking
- Ransomware: Don’t Get LOCKY’d Out
- Laying in Your Security Foundation
- The Windows 10 Update: Be Wary of Shiny New Things
- An Example Of Why You Need A Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- DRP: What Have I Got to Lose?
- Helping Those Who Help Others: Security for Non-Profits
- Security: One Step Forward and Two Steps Back
- Case Study