Office 365 is Microsoft’s best productivity suite to date. A cloud-based platform comprised of multiple signature programs such as PowerPoint, SharePoint, and more.
Millions of businesses and individuals all around the world use this as a one-stop system which can handle anything from word processing to email management to online storage and even your calendar.
To that end, Office 365 is the ideal solution for small- and medium-sized businesses like yours that want to increase efficiency and cut costs. Here are some of the major office 365 benefits:
#1. Cloud Benefit
Like we mentioned, Office 365 combines many functions and abilities of the original Microsoft Office to the cloud. This means you get access to web-based versions of Word, Excel, and other Office applications while you’re on the move.
Additionally, the cloud also allows for better collaboration and communication between your employees, leading to an overall increase in business performance.
#2. Familiar Environment
Office 365 builds upon previous iterations and only keeps features most relevant to your small- to medium-sized business. But, “new” doesn’t necessarily mean “changed”. Office 365 keeps a familiar design, which means there’s less time required to learn the software and fewer trivial user problems to worry about.
#3. Comprehensive Data Security
Business versions of Office 365 come with built-in advanced data security protection systems monitoring and protecting your systems round-the-clock, along with access controls to help you meet the regularly changing compliance regulations of your industry.
#4. Predictable Cost
Office 365 is now more accessible than ever because it doesn’t require you to pay a large up-front fee for its license. Instead, you can enjoy the software and all its features for an affordable fixed monthly fee. This also comes with many extras, such as free Skype for business and access to Microsoft’s vast library of business management apps.
#5. Simple Management
Much like the previous editions, Office 365 is an all-in-one solution with a wide range of office productivity tools under a single, unified platform that can be managed by a centralized system. This makes management much simpler, especially when the security patches and the (free) feature upgrades need to be installed. Or, when you want to implement corporate policies on all your employee-owned and business-owned devices.
#6. Excellent Email
Office 365 also sets the benchmark for business email. Not only do consumers have access to all the latest features of Outlook, they’ll also get comprehensive email protection, meaning your inbox will be of rid junk mail and phishing scams automatically.
It will also identify malicious attachments and links, and alert you of them immediately!
Furthermore, it has a detailed analytics system for you to track your email marketing campaigns, improve your strategy, and acquire more leads.
How You Can Get These Benefits
We’ve established that the myriad benefits of the Office 365 platform make it a must-have addition to your existing IT infrastructure, but how can you get them? To fully implement this top-of-the-line suite, you must undergo a “migration”.
In the tech world, data migration is the process of moving from an old, inefficient operating environment to new, efficient operating environment — in this case the cloud-based Office 365.
The process of shifting your database and sensitive files to the cloud, however, needs to be executed correctly,and small- to medium-sized business leaders often shy away from it. This is mostly because of the time, resources, and the potential downtime involved in case the migration doesn’t go exactly as planned.
That’s where JIG’s Office 365 migration services can help.
From start to finish, our expert consultants will schedule, prepare, and migrate your database, email contacts, and mission-critical files to Office 365. We guarantee minimum downtime and no unexpected costs.
Other benefits of migrating with JIG include:
- Premium email storage – 50GB of storage per user, and the ability to send messages up to 25MB, with built in anti-malware and anti-spam filters.
- Anytime online meetings – Hold virtual meetings with video, voice-only, or connect with collaborators through Skype integrations, and add up to 250 people on an HD video conference call.
- Easy collaboration – JIG’s Microsoft Office 365 solutions also come with Cloud File Sharing, offering you the ability to edit documents online collaboratively, from anywhere.
- Stay constantly synced – With up-to-date emails, calendars, and contact info, your team can access your message history across any device they are using.
What’s more, migrating to Office 365 with JIG means your data will be stored in our state-of-the-art facilities which are protected with the latest threat prevention software and guarded by certified security experts, giving you an extra layer of protection.
As an IT company in Toronto, JIG technologies understand that each and every client is unique. That’s why we deliver custom solutions that allow you to succeed. One such service is Office 365 Migration — quick and easy, we’ll do everything for you, all you have to do is enjoy the benefits of your new and efficient cloud-based Office 365 environment! Contact us today to learn more.
- The 6 Most Common IT Issues That Hinder SMB Owners
- 5 Ways Software Can Slow Down Your Workflow
- How Off-the-Shelf Software Often Struggles to Meet Today’s Business Needs
- What Goes Into Creating Custom Software
- How Custom Software Can Eliminate Redundancies in Your Operations
- Your Dated Software is Costing You Clients
- Why You Should Replace Your Current Legacy System
- These Software Inefficiencies Are Hampering Your Competitiveness
- How to Ensure a Smooth Legacy System Migration
- Why You Need a Cloud Based VoIP Phone System
- Why You Need a Mobile Device Management Solution
- Leverage our Disaster Recovery Planning to Protect and Restore Your Company’s Data
- 5 Benefits to Choosing Managed IT for Your Healthcare Organization
- 6 Benefits to Choosing Managed IT Support
- 6 Questions to Ask Yourself Regarding Healthcare Managed IT
- 4 Common IT Security Vulnerabilities You Should Know About
- The Impressive Benefits of Office 365 for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses (And How You Can Get Them)
- Waterfall vs. Agile Methodology in Software Development
- Can a Not-For-Profit Afford Managed IT?
- 7 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Enterprise-Grade WiFi
- Should You Fear Machine Learning?
- Technically Speaking
- Ransomware: Don’t Get LOCKY’d Out
- Laying in Your Security Foundation
- The Windows 10 Update: Be Wary of Shiny New Things
- An Example Of Why You Need A Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- DRP: What Have I Got to Lose?
- Helping Those Who Help Others: Security for Non-Profits
- Security: One Step Forward and Two Steps Back
- Case Study